Inpatient Night Companion
We are seeking to recruit a Volunteer into the role of companion to our inpatients across evenings and nights.
We are seeking to recruit someone to work under the supervision and guidance of the Inpatient Ward Team to provide various types of support to patients in the evening and during the night.
The role is varied and can involve supporting patients who are nearing the end of their lives who may be frightened, unsettled, agitated or confused.
Your skills will be:
- Good communicator and listener
- Team worker and also be able to work alone
- Friendly and approachable
- Flexible with time to spare
- Have the ability to deal with sensitive and distressing situations
- Previous experience of working in a clinical role/environment desirable