Volunteer Weekend Ward Clark / Receptionist
We are seeking to appoint a Volunteer Weekend Ward Clark / Receptionist to support the Medical and Nursing Team through the provision of a high-quality administration service within the Inpatient Unit to enable effective and efficient delivery of services in line with the Hospice’s strategic objectives.
- Reception Duties – meeting and greeting visitors, providing a warm and welcoming environment.
- Providing parking passes or signposting to external parking.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries forwarding to relevant team member or taking messages when staff are unavailable.
- General administrative duties (scanning / copying / filing).
- Receipting donations and gifts.
- Adhering to all Hospice Policies and Procedures.
- Attending mandatory training as required.
Desirable Skills & Qualities
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good IT skills including knowledge of the full range of software within Microsoft Office and using the Windows operating systems in a networked environment.
- Experience and knowledge of using administrative equipment i.e. photocopiers, shredder, franking machine, fax machine, and Smartboard.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Flexible with available free time.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Gain valuable experience from a friendly Administration Team in Reception / telephone / admin.
- Access to training and personal development opportunities.
- Supporting a vital local charity, providing care to families throughout Hartlepool, Stockton and East Durham.
Accountable to: Information Governance Manager